Friday, August 17, 2007

Show and Tell Friday

It's time once again for Show & Tell Friday, hosted by Kelli.
This week, I'm sharing the baby blanket (well, it's more like a sheet) that my mom made shortly after I was born. So it's 40+ years old! I have it in my hope chest when I'm not taking pictures of it! LOL



Here are three close-up pictures of the cute little animals:





I'm so glad to have this! Maybe I'll start sleeping with it! LOL

It has a few stains on the edges, but that makes it antique-y looking! Otherwise, it's in great condition. If I had a daughter or a niece, I'd pass it on; since I don't, I'm keeping it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!
Do you have this displayed in a room somewhere special??? It ought to be. Too cool.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sweet. I love the little animals. Blessings...

Julieann said...

The baby blanket is precious--so sweet, and made with love:) What a wonderful treasure you have of your mother:)

Julieann

Anonymous said...

Jada, I'm so glad I stuck to it and got that baby quilt done. And I'm so glad that it means so much to you. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

How adorable! What a treasure!

Susan said...

That is precious. I sure would have it out somewhere so it could be seen!! Very special.
Susan

Kelli said...

That is just darling, what a wonderful treausure! The embroidery work is amazing!

Kelli

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I love that old fashioned looking embroidery. What a treasure.

Thanks for saying hello again the other day! It was nice to check up on you here!