Friday, July 27, 2007
I did pick a winner this evening. for my giveaway in the Dog Days of Summer Bloggy Giveaway! I did it the old-fashioned way!
I wrote down all the names of those who entered:
This I cut into strips, folded them, placed them in a basket, and mixed them up:
And then I drew a winner!
You can't see it, but it says Nikki Angels of heart!
I'll be participating in the fall Bloggy Giveaway! So check back then, if not sooner!
Monday, July 23, 2007
I know this is late; just a lot going on with working, plus Vacation Bible School this week, and my best friend's 17-year-old daughter ran away from home early Saturday morning so she's now considered a missing person. Please pray for her safe return.
Anyway, I still want to participate in the Blog Giveaway. I'm giving away Creative Memories products! All you need to do to have a chance to win is leave a comment, making sure I can get in touch with you via email. You don't need to have a blog to win. And I will ship to U.S. and Canada residents.
Here's a picture of the prize:
It's two packs of paper, 12 sheets each. One is Textiles printed photo mounting paper and the other is Asian Miyabi printed photo mounting paper. Also included is a pack of Wheels and Whistles stickers.
Head over to Shannon's to enter all the giveaways!
I'll draw a name sometime Friday and announce the winner!
Friday, July 20, 2007
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Give it a try!
Sunday, July 15, 2007
For our Memorial Day Picnic, I made broccoli salad. I've been making this for a lot of years, and it's always a hit at picnics and there are never any leftovers. I tried to be like Barb and take pictures of the whole process, but I only took two pictures! LOL
Here's the recipe for the broccoli salad:
2 bunches of broccoli (clean and cut - I chop it up in my small food chopper)
1/2 an onion or a scallion onion, sliced and chopped
1 pound of bacon, fried and crumbled
1 bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Mix all together.
In a separate bowl, mix together:
1 C mayonnaise
1/2 C sugar
2 T vinegar
And then pour over the broccoli mix.
I made strawberry shortcake for our Fourth of July picnic:
On Thursday for my Stop, Shop, and Crop, Vickie brought Pillsbury cinnamon buns in the tube, so I made them for us. Oh my. They were yummy, especially with freshly brewed coffee.
Here are some of things I saved, mostly from high school: term papers; book reports; letters from boyfriends, classmates, and school and youth group friends; steno books from Shorthand classes; book covers made from grocery bags that I pasted my boyfriend's name all over; honor roll lists from when I made the honor roll; school newspapers from when I was the editor as a senior in high school; and the list goes on. I also found a bunch of newspaper and magazine articles I saved from when Diana and Prince Charles got married! I remember getting up early that day to watch their wedding.
So far, I've thrown away all the letters. I don't even keep in touch with any of those people but my best friend, Vickie. And I saved a few of the articles from the school newspapers.
This weekend, I also took apart one of those magnetic photo albums with the plastic pages. I was surprised the pictures came out so easily. I had a ton of pictures in that album - 1981-1985. I sorted those and the memorabilia I'm saving.
I still have some more sorting to do, but I'm looking forward to getting all this stuff in albums that are safe and that will last!
Saturday, July 14, 2007
5. After a short nap, I had some Tostitos and dip for a snack and now I need to start laundry and some organizing. My desk is out of control! Then I plan to make some chicken wing dip. I have the cream cheese getting to room temperature.
I hope you're enjoying or have enjoyed your Saturday!
Friday, July 13, 2007
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
I do have a few things to share.
1. Happy 4th of July! Our nation is 231 years old today! Happy Birthday, America!
2. My brother was in the hospital over the weekend. He was very sick. He had his appendix removed on Saturday evening and didn't come home until Tuesday. Mom and dad are taking care of him as he recuperates. He still has a drainage tube; that comes out Friday. We're thankful he's doing better. He gave us quite a scare.
3. My brother-in-law fell in the shower on Saturday and has been on his back. He's coming along, but another slow process. And his youngest son, my cutie pie nephew, has pink eye!
4. I went to the grocery store today to pick up a few things. My total: $17.76. How cool is that on Independence Day?
5. My neighbors are having a party. And they are being loud. It could be a long night. I have never had any trouble with neighbors. This is a couple who moved in a few months ago and they are noisier than the couple with two kids who lived there previously!
6. I have some pictures to share. They're on my camera upstairs. I am too lazy to go up and get it. LOL I'll share them this weekend.
7. I went to mom and dad's today for a picnic. It was just them, my brother, and me. We had BBQ spare ribs, corn on the cob, cole slaw, grilled zucchini, and I made shortcakes and brought strawberries to go with mom's homemade ice cream. De-lish! And mom gave me leftovers!
8. Tomorrow is the 6th anniversary of my brother-in-law's death. I am so thankful he knew the Lord and is heaven, but it's hard on my sister and nephew. They're at Boy Scout camp this week, so I don't know if they'll commemorate tomorrow or not. They usually release some balloons.
9. Well, that's about all I can think of. I'll be back this weekend to share some pictures.