Friday, July 13, 2007

Show and Tell Friday

I've been reading Kelli's blog for a while and especially enjoy her Show and Tell Fridays. I also enjoy looking at the pictures she uses in her posts. This is my first Show and Tell Friday!

Earlier this week, I read Jeana's posts on her and her family's trip to visit the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home in Missouri. I didn't know there was such a place! So now I want to go there! I think I will visit there next summer!

My grandmother, Mammaw, got me the set of 8 Little House on the Prairie books for Christmas 1978 (I left a comment on Jeana's blog that said it was Christmas 1979. Oops. I was wrong!). I was 13 and wanted to be Laura Ingalls. I had a Laura bonnet! I wish I still had it. Not that I'd wear it, but it'd just be nice to have it for the memories.
Now I'm inspired to re-read the Little House series and I plan to do so this weekend.

Here's my Show and Tell: The 8 Little House on the Prairie books:


17 comments:

Momma Roar said...

What a treasure!

jodi said...

I loved those books also

Cheryl said...

Long ago I had bought a book about the real Ingalls family, the real story. If you get a chance to buy it you should....very interesting stuff. It had pictures and everything~

Carole Burant said...

A blogging friend of mine also went to visit the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead and now I want to go there too! lol What a treasure to have these books...I used to watch the tv series faithfully but have never read the books!! xo

ellen b. said...

I loved reading those books when I was in elementary school. I hope you get to Missouri to see the Wilder home!
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

Lana G! said...

Some of my favorites books! Loved Little House on the Praire!

Lana G!
http://airmiles.wordpress.com/

Susan said...

Great treasure of books and I believe you'll get to visit the site!
Susan

Barbara H. said...

I have a boxed, set, too, only they have a blue background. I've read them through at least once, maybe twice -- would love to do so again. It would be neat to visit her home!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Linda aka yellowroseli said...

What a nice collection. I love the stories they tell. Will be nice to pass them down to someone in your family, someday.
Have a Blessed weekend

Autumn said...

Those are so neat! Theya re some of my favorite books.

Myrna said...

Wonderful books. I didn't know about the Wilder House place either. I hope you get to go. It should be a great place to visit.

Sharon said...

How nice! My daughter is 21 and is keeping her set of books too. I might just have to go back and re-read them myself. It's been years!! We still watch the TV series on the DVDs she has collected.

jennifer said...

I had a Mawmaw too!
We love the little house books. My daughter is reading the set now. I have used the set for home schooling for 13 years!

Neat to read of another who finds them so special!

Also those commenting:)

charish said...

There is also another home in Wis. That was a Laura Ingells home I was there when I was about 15.
SaRah

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

A wonderful collection to own! I love everything about the Little House on the Prarie books. My grandkids are enjoying them now!
Blessings to You! Claudia O.

Kelli said...

I have the same yellow boxed set! It is my favorite series and I'm sure you will enjoy your re-read! So many wonderful stories!! I'm so glad you joined in for show and tell!
Kelli

Gina E. said...

I love any old childrens books. These look like they will be a wonderful read!