Sunday, July 15, 2007

It's a post about food!

I took some pictures of some things I've made recently and thought I'd post them today.

For our Memorial Day Picnic, I made broccoli salad. I've been making this for a lot of years, and it's always a hit at picnics and there are never any leftovers. I tried to be like Barb and take pictures of the whole process, but I only took two pictures! LOL

Here's the recipe for the broccoli salad:

2 bunches of broccoli (clean and cut - I chop it up in my small food chopper)

1/2 an onion or a scallion onion, sliced and chopped

1 pound of bacon, fried and crumbled

1 bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Mix all together.

In a separate bowl, mix together:

1 C mayonnaise

1/2 C sugar

2 T vinegar

And then pour over the broccoli mix.

I made strawberry shortcake for our Fourth of July picnic:

On Thursday for my Stop, Shop, and Crop, Vickie brought Pillsbury cinnamon buns in the tube, so I made them for us. Oh my. They were yummy, especially with freshly brewed coffee.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Mmm..the broccoli salad looks yummy, I like anything with bacon! :0) I would love one of those rolls with a cup of hot coffee too!

Kelli