Friday, July 20, 2007

Show and Tell Friday

I wanted to share a video of my middle nephew telling a knock-knock joke to my brother on his webcam, but Google doesn't recognize my blog. WHAT-EVER! Maybe I can get it uploaded for next Friday.
Speaking of my brother and Show and Tell, I took him into my first grade class for show and tell when he was a newborn! Well, I guess my mom brought him in for me to show and tell my class! He's six years younger than me, almost to the day. His birthday is December 18th and mine is the 20th!
Anyway, for this week's Show and Tell, I'm sharing my great-grandmother's sugar and creamer set. I took them out of the cupboard above my refrigerator to take the pictures, but now that they're out, I believe I will display them. I think they're so pretty and indicative of the 1900's.
Show and Tell Friday is hosted each Friday by Kelli!

13 comments:

ellen b. said...

I think you should keep them out and enjoy them. Fun treasures...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

jodi said...

Very pretty.

Kim said...

Very pretty, I'll be they sparkle nicely when the sun hits them just right. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and I had to laugh about your brother being your show and tell.

LBP said...

Your sugar and creamer are beautiful. I would use them every day!

Pen of Jen said...

I love them..and I can' wait until the joke can get loaded!

Kelli said...

What a beautiful sugar and cream set, Jada! I love how your baby brother was your show and tell at school!
Kelli

LadySnow said...

Beautiful set!

Amanda said...

Very pretty!

Susan said...

Lovely cut glass set that needs to be on display!!
Susan

Marci said...

Those are beautiful. My Mom had a set very similar to them. She kept them displayed.

I love your show & tell story. =)

Barbara H. said...

They are very pretty -- I would keep them out, too.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Mary L. Briggs said...

Oh, I would definitely keep those out to enjoy. They are so pretty. I love having things from my family's past on display!

Lyndy said...

How lovely! What a nice show and tell!

Thanks for sharing and have a blessed weekend.

Lyndy