Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday Snippets

1. I was up early this morning. I get up for work at 6 AM (let me rephrase that - my alarm goes off at 6 AM; I usually get out of bed by 6:30) so I like to sleep in on Saturdays when I'm able. Today, I didn't have anything planned until 11 AM, so I could sleep in. But, of course, I was awake around 5:30; I was able to go back to sleep and I got up at 6:55, threw on shorts and a t-shirt and headed outside to pull weeds. That's right - I was pulling weeds. At 7 AM. On a Saturday morning.

2. It took me about 40 minutes to pull weeds. Then I came in a made a pot of coffee, had a banana, and checked emails and caught up on some blog reading. Then it was time to shower and dress.

3. I ran a couple of errands before heading over to church to get ready for our Annual Food Drive for New Hope. I had 3 volunteers help me attach the grocery lists to the flat small U*Haul boxes we'll be distributing over the next two weeks.

4. Then I met mom at Cracker Barrel for lunch. She forgot where it was so while I was waiting for her - for a half an hour - I sat outside on the CB porch in one of these.
Oh. my. word. It was so comfortable. I'm thinking about asking Santa for one this year! It is so gorgeous outside today and there was a light breeze. It was great to just sit and relax. I also got a $30 purse for $11 at CB! I had the grilled chicken salad with grilled, marinated chicken tenderloin! Whenever I go to CB for lunch or dinner, I get the chicken tenderloin in one form or another. It's so delicious! If I have it for dinner, I get hashbrown casserole and greenbeans.

5. After a short nap, I had some Tostitos and dip for a snack and now I need to start laundry and some organizing. My desk is out of control! Then I plan to make some chicken wing dip. I have the cream cheese getting to room temperature.

I hope you're enjoying or have enjoyed your Saturday!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Sounds like a fun Saturday! We don't have Cracker Barrels here. Love that rocking chair :)