There are 5,999 people in the U.S. with the first name Jada.
Statistically the 2397th most popular first name. (tied with 365 other first names)
More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Jada are female.
- I like my name.
- I'm glad my mom didn't name me Johnna Noel
like she wanted to!
- My middle name is my great-grandmother's
- I'm the oldest of four.
- I have two sisters and a
- And three adorable nephews!
- I have known my best friend, Vickie, since
7th grade, though we lost touch for several years after high school.
- I read her daughter's birth announcement in
- And called her mother - I remembered her
phone number after 7+ years!
- My favorite color is purple!
- I like my handwriting.
- I've worked for the same organization for
21 and a half years.
- I love my job!
- I've never been married.
- I would like to be married.
- I am thinking about doing the looong survey
- I love to scrapbook.
- So much so that I became a Creative
Memories consultant in March.
- I enjoy doing laundry.
- I like to make "To Do" lists.
- And enjoy being able to cross off the
things I've done.
- I like watching home improvement shows on
TLC and HGTV.
- Sometimes I think that I could do some of
the projects they complete on those shows.
- Then I remember that I don't have one of
those big saw thingys!
- I like to be organized.
- My desk at work, however, is not
- I enjoy reading.
- And shopping.
- But I hate grocery shopping.
- I collect Boyds Bears.
- Not so much since I started
- I've made albums for my two oldest nephews.
Caleb has 5 12x12 albums + a 7x7 album.
- I made Ben 2 12x12 albums and a 7x7
- I haven't started Matt's album yet. He's
- I've made 7x7 albums for my Mom and
- And for Vickie's husband, Scott, when he
left for Kuwait.
- When Scott returned from Kuwait, I made him
a 12x12 album of the events he missed while in Kuwait for 10 months.
- Vickie and I (and sometimes her 3 kiddos)
go out to eat on Tuesdays.
- Sometimes Vickie cooks! I love her
- My birthday is December 20th.
- There are 4 December birthdays in our
- Plus my parents were married in
- As well as my grandparents.
- My Mom works with me part-time.
- I don't watch much TV.
- But I do like to watch "Dancing with the
- And "Criminal Minds."
- I was in the delivery room with Scott &
Vickie when Austin was born.
- He's my buddy!
- I love taking pictures and sharing them via
Snapfish or Kodak.
- I teach Preschool II at church.
- And am chairman of our Missions
- I ran the singles ministry for two
- And served as Church Clerk for 5+
- I also posted the Sunday School atttendance
for 2+ years.
- I'm taking a break as Church Clerk and
posting the S.S. attendance.
- I like to drive.
- I think it's a control issue
- I broke my left leg when I was two -
jumping off the arm of a chair at my grandparents' house. On Valentine's
- That's the only body part I've ever
- I've never had major surgery.
- I did have my wisdom teeth
- The Tylenol with Codeine knocked me
- I went on a mission trip to the Ukraine in
- I hate to fly!
- My doctor gave me some Ativan. It didn't
help much - I was still nervous.
- The first Creative Memories album I made is
of my mission trip to the Ukraine.
- I've done 2 12x12 albums for myself,
starting in 2004.
- I have a lot to catch up on!
- I also did a 12x12 album for the singles
- My siblings and I started an album for my
parents for their 35th anniversary.
- It's still not even close to being
- Mom and Dad will be married 39 years in
- Maybe we'll finish it for their 45th!
- I don't like mushrooms, green peppers,
coconut, liver, or lima beans.
- My favorite foods are pizza, grilled
chicken, toasted cheese sandwich with tomato soup, Mom's deviled roundsteak,
anything Mom cooks really, and spaghetti.
- Some of my favorite movies are "Pretty
Woman," "The Other Sister," "Benny and Joon," "Father of the Bride," "Father of
the Bride II," "Dirty Dancing," and "Almost Heaven."
- I love to read.
- I have about 6 books checked out of our
church library to read.
- I've started the first one - "Sisterchicks
on the Loose."
- My favorite authors are Beverly Lewis,
Janette Oke, Liz Curtis Higgs, and Lori Wick.
- I've alphabetized my CD's.
- And spices.
- But my pantry is a mess.
- "Cleaning out and organizing pantry" is on
my To Do list.
- I love to give gifts.
- I'm a giver and a doer.
- Sometimes I get overwhelmed because I
volunteer to do too much.
- I should buy a t-shirt that says "Stop me
before I volunteer again." LOL
- I have a t-shirt that says "Aunts are
Special People" from Vickie and her kids.
- I also have a t-shirt that says "Jada,
Corie, and Wendie - sisters by chance, friends by choice." I ordered them for
the 3 of us.
- I have a fetish for slippers. I counted 7
pairs in my closet.
- Plus, I bought a new pair at the outlet
this past weekend. Purple, of course!
- I have about 50 pairs of shoes.
- And 20+ purses. I had more, but I did sell
some at a yard sale last year.
- It's a good thing I have 4 closets in my
house! They're all mine!
- But I am cleaning out and getting rid of
"stuff." I have too much of it.
- I like to decorate and redecorate my house,
especially for Fall and for Christmas.
- I collect snowmen.
- Okay, just one more thing. Hmmmm.....Oh, I
have an Associate's Degree in Office Communications. I didn't want to go to school for another 4 years after high school. 20 months was fine with
There you have 100 things about me! I hope you weren't totally bored reading my 100th post!
Kansas church plans to picket girls' funerals
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
BY IRVIN KITTRELL III
Of The Patriot-News
Members of a Kansas-based church that has picketed funerals of fallen American soldiers are expected to protest at the funerals of the Amish girls killed Monday in Lancaster County, according to a news release issued by the church.
The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka blamed Gov. Ed Rendell for the mass murder of the five girls in a one-room schoolhouse because he ridiculed the church on a national television news show, the news release said.
The church said nothing about the man who shot and killed the girls and wounded five other girls. He was identified as Charles Carl Roberts IV of Bart.
Members of the church have been in the national spotlight after picketing at funerals of soldiers killed in action. The church says the military deaths are God's
punishment for tolerance of gay people.
In June, a York County man sued the church, seeking unspecified damages for the messages held by church
protesters outside his son's funeral.
The lawsuit seeks damages for invasion of privacy at the funeral.
About a dozen states, including Pennsylvania, have adopted laws limiting funeral protests at services for
soldiers killed in combat.
President Bush signed a bill curbing pickets
at national cemeteries.
IRVIN KITTRELL III: 255-8412 or firstname.lastname@example.org
©2006 The Patriot-News
© 2006 PennLive.com All Rights Reserved.