Friday, October 20, 2006

Random Thoughts

1. My friend, Christy, had her 5th baby on Sunday. I made barbeque and took it over (along with milk, chips, and Halloween Oreo cookies) Wednesday evening for their dinner. As soon as I sat down the box with all the goodies in, I got to hold baby Matthew! He's so tiny. He weighed over 6 pounds, but just seemed so tiny. His siblings (3 older sisters and an older brother, who's in my PS II Sunday School class) all wanted a turn at holding him. Daddy got the kids' dinner ready, and Christy and I were in the living room talking. She was holding Matthew. I asked her how he was doing and if he had any troubling latching on (she's breastfeeding). Is it wrong that I knew to ask that since I'm not a mother?!

2. This weekend is the annual Farmers Fair in Dillsburg. And the first time (other than weather-related cancellations) I'm not going. Mom tried to lay a guilt trip on me, but it didn't work! I'm 40 years old, for crying out loud! I just don't want to go....so I'm not! Yeah, it's nice to see Dad's side of the family and be at Mame's (she's 92) house, but then everyone goes their separate ways with their family, and I just don't want to go this year.

3. We had an On Mission Celebration at church this week. It was great to hear stories of how God is using the missionaries we support through the IMB and NAMB. It was nice to be able to know that our money does help and to actually see missionaries. We don't get to see that aspect very often in the Southern Baptist Association.

4. I spent the weekend in Lancaster last weekend. I attended a Creative Memories Consultant Conference on Saturday. I did some shopping at the outlets on Friday evening and Sunday morning before heading back home. It was nice just to get away. I wasn't rushed to be here or there or have any responsibilities. I enjoyed eating a leisurely Sunday breakfast at Cracker Barrel before going home. I did stop at an Amish store and bought Dad a Shoofly Pie and a magnet and collector's spoon for Mom. And a tee-shirt and sweatshirt for myself!

5. I stopped at Mom and Dad's on the way home from Lancaster to give them their goodies. Before I made it to their door, I fell flat on my face. Literally. One second I was vertical, the next second, I was horizontal. It happened that fast. No warning to even try to catch myself from falling. I'm pretty sure my ample bosom prevented me from smashing my face.

6. I have a Creative Memories Workshop this evening. I'm looking forward to showing my customers how to use the Titletopia Aligners. I really need to work on my own albums. Well....albums that I want to do. Like one for my nephew, Matt, who will be 2 next month. I have the album, pages, stickers, etc. I just need to start it!

7. I also need to spend some time working my Creative Memories business. I have ideas (from my Upline and from the Consultant Conference this past weekend); I just need to actually implement them! I should plan to do that on Saturday since I'm not going to Farmers Fair!

Enjoy this weekend! Sounds like it's going to be a perfect fall weekend here in Pennsylvania!

P.S. I wanted to add a picture of Matthew and a fall picture, but Blogger isn't cooperating right now. Maybe later.

No comments: