- I like my name.
- I'm glad my mom didn't name me Johnna Noel
like she wanted to!
- My middle name is my great-grandmother's
- I'm the oldest of four.
- I have two sisters and a
- And three adorable nephews!
- I have known my best friend, Vickie, since
7th grade, though we lost touch for several years after high school.
- I read her daughter's birth announcement in
- And called her mother - I remembered her
phone number after 7+ years!
- My favorite color is purple!
- I like my handwriting.
- I've worked for the same organization for
21 and a half years.
- I love my job!
- I've never been married.
- I would like to be married.
- I am thinking about doing the looong survey
- I love to scrapbook.
- So much so that I became a Creative
Memories consultant in March.
- I enjoy doing laundry.
- I like to make "To Do" lists.
- And enjoy being able to cross off the
things I've done.
- I like watching home improvement shows on
TLC and HGTV.
- Sometimes I think that I could do some of
the projects they complete on those shows.
- Then I remember that I don't have one of
those big saw thingys!
- I like to be organized.
- My desk at work, however, is not
- I enjoy reading.
- And shopping.
- But I hate grocery shopping.
- I collect Boyds Bears.
- Not so much since I started
- I've made albums for my two oldest nephews.
Caleb has 5 12x12 albums + a 7x7 album.
- I made Ben 2 12x12 albums and a 7x7
- I haven't started Matt's album yet. He's
- I've made 7x7 albums for my Mom and
- And for Vickie's husband, Scott, when he
left for Kuwait.
- When Scott returned from Kuwait, I made him
a 12x12 album of the events he missed while in Kuwait for 10 months.
- Vickie and I (and sometimes her 3 kiddos)
go out to eat on Tuesdays.
- Sometimes Vickie cooks! I love her
- My birthday is December 20th.
- There are 4 December birthdays in our
- Plus my parents were married in
- As well as my grandparents.
- My Mom works with me part-time.
- I don't watch much TV.
- But I do like to watch "Dancing with the
- And "Criminal Minds."
- I was in the delivery room with Scott &
Vickie when Austin was born.
- He's my buddy!
- I love taking pictures and sharing them via
Snapfish or Kodak.
- I teach Preschool II at church.
- And am chairman of our Missions
- I ran the singles ministry for two
- And served as Church Clerk for 5+
- I also posted the Sunday School atttendance
for 2+ years.
- I'm taking a break as Church Clerk and
posting the S.S. attendance.
- I like to drive.
- I think it's a control issue
- I broke my left leg when I was two -
jumping off the arm of a chair at my grandparents' house. On Valentine's
- That's the only body part I've ever
- I've never had major surgery.
- I did have my wisdom teeth
- The Tylenol with Codeine knocked me
- I went on a mission trip to the Ukraine in
- I hate to fly!
- My doctor gave me some Ativan. It didn't
help much - I was still nervous.
- The first Creative Memories album I made is
of my mission trip to the Ukraine.
- I've done 2 12x12 albums for myself,
starting in 2004.
- I have a lot to catch up on!
- I also did a 12x12 album for the singles
- My siblings and I started an album for my
parents for their 35th anniversary.
- It's still not even close to being
- Mom and Dad will be married 39 years in
- Maybe we'll finish it for their 45th!
- I don't like mushrooms, green peppers,
coconut, liver, or lima beans.
- My favorite foods are pizza, grilled
chicken, toasted cheese sandwich with tomato soup, Mom's deviled roundsteak,
anything Mom cooks really, and spaghetti.
- Some of my favorite movies are "Pretty
Woman," "The Other Sister," "Benny and Joon," "Father of the Bride," "Father of
the Bride II," "Dirty Dancing," and "Almost Heaven."
- I love to read.
- I have about 6 books checked out of our
church library to read.
- I've started the first one - "Sisterchicks
on the Loose."
- My favorite authors are Beverly Lewis,
Janette Oke, Liz Curtis Higgs, and Lori Wick.
- I've alphabetized my CD's.
- And spices.
- But my pantry is a mess.
- "Cleaning out and organizing pantry" is on
my To Do list.
- I love to give gifts.
- I'm a giver and a doer.
- Sometimes I get overwhelmed because I
volunteer to do too much.
- I should buy a t-shirt that says "Stop me
before I volunteer again." LOL
- I have a t-shirt that says "Aunts are
Special People" from Vickie and her kids.
- I also have a t-shirt that says "Jada,
Corie, and Wendie - sisters by chance, friends by choice." I ordered them for
the 3 of us.
- I have a fetish for slippers. I counted 7
pairs in my closet.
- Plus, I bought a new pair at the outlet
this past weekend. Purple, of course!
- I have about 50 pairs of shoes.
- And 20+ purses. I had more, but I did sell
some at a yard sale last year.
- It's a good thing I have 4 closets in my
house! They're all mine!
- But I am cleaning out and getting rid of
"stuff." I have too much of it.
- I like to decorate and redecorate my house,
especially for Fall and for Christmas.
- I collect snowmen.
- Okay, just one more thing. Hmmmm.....Oh, I
have an Associate's Degree in Office Communications. I didn't want to go to school for another 4 years after high school. 20 months was fine with
There you have 100 things about me! I hope you weren't totally bored reading my 100th post!
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
My 100th Post
Okay, since I've been reading a lot of blogs, I've come to learn that the "bloggetyville" (a termed coined by BooMama) thing to do for your 100th post is to do a list of "100 Things About Me." I hope I can come up with 100 things! Here goes: