Sunday, October 08, 2006

My heart is full!

Ryan's mommy told me today that sometime during the week, Ryan announced "I want to go to church. I want to see Miss Jada. I love Miss Jada." Is that not the cutest thing you ever heard?!!

(I don't have a recent close-up of Ryan)

It's so wonderful to know that teaching 2-year olds makes a difference. Ryan was also in my Preschool I class, my first year of teaching that age in a long time. I wanted to be in a preschool class, but thought that 4 or 5-year olds would suit me. But Preschool I was the only class available. I'll tell you what - I was amazed that one-year-olds could learn our (I taught with Krista) teaching routines! When it was story time, they would come sit in a circle; snack time - they would sit in their seats. It was so great watching them learn and grow that I got attached to all of them and followed them to Preschool II!

I love it when they arrive in class and hug me and want to be held!


Now when it's story time in Preschool II, they know to come sit at the table. After they're finished with their snack, they crumple up their napkin and take it over to the trash can. Now, if they could just get the potty-training thing mastered, we'd all be happy! hehehe

No comments: