Monday, June 01, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Time for another edition of Susanne's Friday's Fave 5. I'm writing this on Thursday evening because I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go scrapbooking all weekend!
Here are my favorites from this week:
1. Dinner at Friendly's with two friends on Monday evening. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing and it worked out well. We shared the Loaded Waffle Fries and a Munchie Mania. We drank 3 carafes of coffee! An enjoyable time for sure.
2. A productive week at work, even though I only worked 3 days. I took off today to get ready to go scrapbooking and also took off tomorrow for scrapbooking.
3. Shopping! I did some shopping for baby stuff for my sister and best friend's daughter. Both are expecting in May. A boy and a girl, respectively. I also did some shopping for supplies for our Sunday School ministry at church.
4. Lunch today with my best friend. It was leisurely and relaxing. After lunch, we went to Starbucks for one of these:
5. Spending the weekend scrapbooking and being with friends! I leave tomorrow morning (Friday) and return Sunday afternoon. We're staying at a hotel and will scrap the time away!
For more FFF participants, visit Susanne's blog!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Time for another edition of Susanne's Friday's Fave Five! It's a great opportunity to reflect on your week.
Here are my favorite five:
1. Sunday dinner with the family. Mom made a turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas, cranberry sauce, and I made baked corn. My two brothers-in-law and oldest niece weren't able to join us, so we missed have them with us.
2. Lunch and shopping! I typically work on President's Day, but when my preggo (pregnant) sister said she was going to be in town and wanted to go baby shopping, I took Monday off! She, my mom, two nieces, and I went to lunch first at Mikado's, a Japanese-style restaurant. I always order the sesame chicken. It is sooo good! From there, we headed to a consignment shop full of baby stuff. I spent $40 there! But I did get some good bargains on baby boy clothes (for my nephew, L, who is due to arrive on 5/18) and baby girl clothes (for my best friend's daughter's baby, K, who is due to arrive on 5/12.) Then we went to Kmart where I bought a pair of slippers and a comfy pair of shoes.
3. Lunch out at work on Tuesday to celebrate two co-worker's work anniversaries. I had a chicken cordon bleu pretzel sandwich. Yummy!
4. Unplanned dinner last night with my friend, Patti. We just went to the food court at a local grocery store. I had salisbury steak (not chicken!), mashed potatoes, and mac 'n cheese from their hot food bar. Then I went home and did some scrapbooking!
5. I'm loooking forward to scrapbooking with friends tonight! And I must get organized for next weekend's Sweet Retreat, a whole weekend (Friday afternoon - Sunday afternoon) of scrapbooking at a hotel!
For more FFF participants, visit Susanne's website!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Time for another edition of Susanne's Friday's Favorite Five!
Here are mine for this week, in no particular order:
1. Having friends over for dinner on Tuesday, and taking this picture:
ETA: This isn't a picture of me! It's of my best friend's daughter.
2. Enjoying flavored coffee and homemade pecan pie with friends last night! My friend, Patti, makes delicious pecan pies. She even gave me a whole one last night as a belated birthday present. I need to have friends over to help me eat it so I don't eat the whole thing!
3. Finally putting away all my snowmen decorations from the kitchen, living room, dining room and powder room. My table went from this:
I also put away all my Winterberry dishes and accessories.
4. Taking a day off work today to just rest. I have been feeling tired and run down all week, so I am listening to my body and taking it easy today.
5. Playing Bunko with friends on Monday evening, even though I lost!
For more FFF participants, head over to Susanne's!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Here are my 5 favorite things from this week:
1. 3-D sonogram pictures of my best friend's (Vickie) daughter's (Ashley) baby, Kaylee. A-mazing! She's due 5/13 and I can't wait to meet her!
2. Dinner at Vickie's. We just had leftovers, but it's always nice to get together. We had coffee and dessert, too!
3. The launch of my organization's new website! Love it.
4. Lunch out twice this week with friends.
5. Getting together with friends to scrapbook. That will be tonight. It's always fun!
Head over to Susanne's to see the other participants!