Monday, January 12, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I've seen several blogging women participate in this over the weeks and thought I'd give it a try
today!

FOR TODAY - January 12, 2009
Outside my window...The sun is trying to peek through
I am thinking...I hope it doesn't cost a lot when I take my car in this afternoon for the ' service engine soon' light that came on this weekend.
I am thankful for...my job. I started there as a secretary at age 19 and almost 24 years later, I am now VP.
From the kitchen...just coffee and a bagel for breakfast; packing my lunch; and dinner out this evening.
I am wearing...my pajamas. Need to get showered and dressed soon!
I am creating...an organized home. It is a process!
I am going...to work, then taking my car to the shop, grabbing something for dinner, followed by a Stewardship Committee meeting.
I am reading...The Redemption of Sarah Cain
I am hoping...this week isn't too busy.
I am hearing...the radio
Around the house...the organizing process!
One of my favorite things...hot coffee in the morning
A few plans for the rest of the week: working all week. Tuesday - dinner at Panera with Creative Memories team; Wednesday - small group; Thursday - nothing planned! Friday - scrapbooking with friends.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
My almost 95-year-old grandmother with my Dad (her son) on New Year's Day. She had a very mild stroke a couple months ago and has been living with my parents. My Mom takes very good care of her - Mom didn't want to put her in a nursing home. She can't live by herself anymore so this is an adjustment for everyone, but it's working out!
For more participants, visit Peggy's blog!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a sweet picture! My parents cared for my grandmother after her stroke, as well...lots of adjustments, but lots of blessings and sweet memories, too!

Enjoyed your Daybook! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your picture. Wonderful daybook thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jada:

Thank you for your sweet comment on my Pink Sat. post. I am so late in getting back to folks!! I had a brunch here yesterday--so I had to clean house like a crazy person over the weekend!
I am enjoying getting to know you through our blogs (Fri Fave 5, too). I think that's wonderful that you have such a great position at your job--you have worked hard for it. It's also great that you think so much of your family--that certainly came through in your words on this post!
Hope you're having a great week! Dana