Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday's Favorite Five





Time for another edition of Susanne's Friday's Favorite Five!

Here are mine for this week, in no particular order:



1. Having friends over for dinner on Tuesday, and taking this picture:



ETA: This isn't a picture of me! It's of my best friend's daughter.

2. Enjoying flavored coffee and homemade pecan pie with friends last night! My friend, Patti, makes delicious pecan pies. She even gave me a whole one last night as a belated birthday present. I need to have friends over to help me eat it so I don't eat the whole thing!


3. Finally putting away all my snowmen decorations from the kitchen, living room, dining room and powder room. My table went from this:


to this!


I also put away all my Winterberry dishes and accessories.


4. Taking a day off work today to just rest. I have been feeling tired and run down all week, so I am listening to my body and taking it easy today.


5. Playing Bunko with friends on Monday evening, even though I lost!



For more FFF participants, head over to Susanne's!

11 comments:

Melis said...

Wow! you had so many snowmen, I didn't realize you had tile on your table ;) That must feel like a relief. I also have to tell you,in your pic, you have such a great GLOW! Have a great weekend :O)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jada! would you come to my house and help me finish putting my decorations away. A lot of them made it to the basement, but not back in boxes and on shelves!
Yummy--pecan pie! MY friend Patty makes the best pecan pie, too, AND she gave me one for my birthday one year!!
Hope you have a great FFF! Dana

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a lot of snowmen!! I still have one snowman dishtowel out -- I was just thinking this morning I should put it away, but it is so cheery.

A home-made pie is a real treat!

Enjoy your day off! We do need those every now and then.

ellen b. said...

Hi Jada! Sounds like a fulfilling week for you. Look at the before and after of that table. It looks so great for this Valentine's weekend!! Hope you have a good rest...

Brenda said...

Those Christmas decorations tend to haunt us, I just found 2 stockings that got hidden under the couch.

Sounds like a good week!

Mo said...

oooohhhh...PIE!! (Great job on getting those decorations put away, too...I wish I had had *that* gumption this week!)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Susanne said...

Homemade pecan pie and coffee with girlfriends?! Sounds absolutely wonderful.

It's a great feeling when Christmas finally gets packed away isn't it?

Jen said...

i love to play bunco..so much fun. And pecan pie how so nice....

Willow said...

I' come over and help with the pecan pie :)

Enjoy your day of rest. I have Fridays off each week and TRY to keep the day free.

Karyn said...

I'd like to see your home when all those snowmen are in their places instead of on the table. :) Bet it felt good to get them all packed up!

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity of your table and am working to create less clutter in my home too. Pecan pie is one of my favs! Lovely list ...
Hugs and blessings,