Friday, March 16, 2007

Oh, the weather outside is frightful!

Just two days ago, it was 70 degrees out! Today, it's snowing and 28 degrees with a wind-chill factor of 20 degrees! So it's cold outside:


But I'm warm and cozy inside my house! After shoveling snow, I made a white chocolate latte and poured it in my favorite snowman mug!

While sipping the latte, I read a few chapters from this book:


The perfect snow day! Even though
some of you are having spring!

Here's the recipe for the white chocolate latte:

Prep: 5 min., Cook: 5 min

2 cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
2/3 cup white chocolate morsels
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Whipped cream (optional)
Garnish: cinnamon sticks

Stir first 4 ingredients together in a small saucepan over low heat until white chocolate morsels are melted. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts; pour evenly into 4 mugs. Top with whipped cream, if desired. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.

I cut the recipe in half for myself and I didn't have any almond extract. It was still yummy!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Brrr, I'm sending you some of my sunshine right now!!! Although I could certainly enjoy the latte even if it's sunny. Looks delish!!
(thanks for the linky!!)
:)