Wednesday, December 13, 2006

New York 2006

New York at Christmastime is busy! But it's fun to people-watch.

We stayed at The Waldorf-Astoria

We had a delicious room-service dinner on Friday night after getting to the hotel around 3:00 following our train and limo rides. On Saturday morning, I had the Bakery Basket Breakfast, followed by a bubble bath (yes ma'am, a bubble bath on Saturday morning!), then out for some shopping and visiting Rockefeller Plaza.

My breakfast My bubble bath

Actor Jon Voight was at Rockefeller Plaza so I snapped a picture of him. Then, of course, a picture of THE Christmas tree was in order, and of the ice skaters. On the way out of RP, I stopped at Crabtree & Evelyn and bought some bath salts. Heavenly!

From Rockefellar Plaza, I headed over to Saks Fifth Avenue. I found an ornament or two 0r seven for Mom! I dropped off my packages in the room, then headed for lunch at Oscar's. Oh my. I had a wonderfully delicious Reuben sandwich and equally wonderfully delicious french fries, with an iced tea. With tip, a $27.00 lunch.

After lunch, I sat in one of the lobbies of the hotel to sip my Starbucks Gingerbread Latte and people watch. The hotel had a Starbucks. Yes ma'am they did! I visited twice. It's a tad more expensive there.

I headed back up to the room around 3:00 to rest before the dinner in the Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom. The dinner was delicious. The filet just melted in your mouth. And the chocolate dessert? To die for!

I'm ready for the dinner

Susan and former Governor Dick Thornburgh

Even Ben Franklin made an appearance at the PA Society Dinner. Amazing, since he's 300 years old!

We headed home on Sunday morning, arriving back at the train station around 2:30. It's nice to go away, but it's nice to be home, too!

No comments: