Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year


I cannot believe it's 2007! You blink, and a whole year goes by!

For New Year's Eve, I went to Vickie's for dinner. Her father-in-law made something like a stromboli. I don't know the specific name for it. And we had other munchies. We watched "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles," and I left there shortly before 10:00, so I was home by 10:00, in bed shortly after that, and asleep around 11:15. I am old!

I hosted New Year's Day dinner at my house. Mom, Dad, Tommy, Corie, and Caleb came for pork, sauerkraut, dumplings, mashed potatoes, and rolls with honey butter. For dessert - coffee and a store-bought cake! It was a nice afternoon - relaxing and a fun time reminiscing.
The table is set with my Winterberry pattern
Caleb in his New Year's hat!
Corie and Tommy at dinner

Mom and Dad

I didn't take a picture of the pork and sauerkraut, my first time making it. Everyone said it was delicious! I peeled 5 pounds of potatoes for mashed potatoes!

I hope you had a memorable first day of 2007!

No comments: