Monday, April 30, 2007

Randomness

When I posted the Friday Feast on Friday, I had every intention of following through with my weekend plans. However, I didn't realize I would spend the weekend in bed sick! I'm blaming my boss. She has a cold and she used my office phone one day last week before she was out sick Wednesday - Friday. I did manage to do some laundry and basement organizing yesterday, but that's about the extent of my physical exertion. Unless you count watching 12 episodes of CSI on DVD. You know I was sick when I didn't drink any coffee this weekend!

One day last week, I went to the grocery store. I hate grocery shopping. As I was leaving the grocery store, I crossed the line of traffic on the marked pedestrian crossing. Traffic going both ways is to stop for pedestrians. I'm walking across and this car is kind of drifting past the stop sign, like he's going to hit me! I put my hand out and mouth to him, "Slow down there, buddy!" And I got safely to my car before he hit me. When I got back to my car after returning my shopping cart to the proper place (I hate when I find shopping carts in parking spaces!), the driver of the car that almost hit me came up to me and apologized. This is what he said, "I'm sorry about that. I didn't see you. I was daydreaming." People - I am not hard to miss - he must have been doing some serious daydreaming!

This week is shaping up to be kind of quiet. I have no plans for tonight, tomorrow is dinner with Vickie and the kids, Wednesday I'm planning to go clean mom and dad's living room and bedroom, Thursday is my regular weekly Stop, Shop, and Crop, and I plan to get a perm and haircut on Friday.

On Wednesday, I will celebrate my 22-year work anniversary! I need to distribute my wish list to my co-workers! LOL

I hope everyone has an enjoyable week and remember to keep Heather and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well! I'm so glad that guy woke up in time not to harm you while crossing the street!
Goodness..
Congrats on 22 yrs in the same job. I hope they recognize it in some way!!
:)