Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Fun!

Since my oldest nephew, C, will be moving away when his mom marries Scott (email me for wedding details!), I had a sleepover with C and his two buddies, A & A (my best friend's boys). I picked them up after work on Thursday, came home and made English muffins pizzas, and then we went to Wal*Mart. I broke my sunglasses so I needed a new pair. I let the boys each pick out something for under $10. They each got a toy (shocking!). Then we went to Mc*Donald's for ice cream, came home, got ready for bed, and I went up to bed while they wrestled in the living room and watched TV. I woke up around 2:15 and all was quiet. In the morning, they said they stayed up til 1:30!

I made pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I packed us a picnic lunch and we headed off to the park with a fun fort. I originally planned to take them to see Wall-e, but when I gave them a choice of doing that or going to The Coliseum, they picked The Coliseum - a big arcade. We spent the afternoon there. The boys won some tickets playing games and such and when they combined them, they had 1,470. They divided them evenly among themselves and had fun picking out prizes. We had a snack and sodas at the restaurant there, followed by ice cream at Maggie Moo's. Then it was time to take them home.

The boys at the park

The boys at lunch


Here are some pictures of the boys at The Coliseum:





On Saturday, the ladies at Corie's church hosted a bridal tea for her. It was such a lovely event and Corie received many thoughtful gifts.

The bride-to-be
Corie's friend, Juli, and our Mom
The ladies also got Scott's girls little gifts. So thoughtful. Here's J opening her gifts...
and here's H opening hers. They also got C a gift, too.
The 'head' table - each of the ladies and girls had a real tea cup and saucer and the ladies served us tea and had yummy food and desserts. It was a fun, memorable event.
On Sunday, I went to church, stopped by Ar*by's for a quick lunch, went to visit my grandmother, came home and rested (and dozed off), then I finished up laundry and did some light cleaning.
This week promises to be pretty calm with not a lot of plans, which is good ahead of VBS the following week!
Blessings to all!

No comments: