Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Be Still

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be
exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." - Psalm
46:10
Most Sundays after Sunday School and before our 10:30 worship service, I am rushed to get to the sanctuary before the service starts. I teach preschool 3 at 9:00 and many times, the teacher for 10:30 doesn't show up until 10:25 or later.
When I enter the sanctuary, I am not in the right frame of mind. I feel rushed and in a hurry. Sometimes, if it's 10:40 or later, I don't even stay for the worship service. I know I won't be able to concentrate.
This past Sunday, I arrived in the sanctuary about 3 minutes before the service started. Our music/worship pastor had a mini-message about being still before God. He had us actually be quiet and still for about 3 minutes. It was great! I was able to quiet down, focus on God, and I enjoyed the rest of the service.
Thanks, Pastor Phil!
This past Sunday was also a reminder for me that I need to be still and quiet before the Lord more often. I let life get in the way sometimes. You would think as a single person I'd have lots of free time. But I'm a doer so my days are often filled with not only work, but also other activities after work. I need to take a look at what's taking up my time and make some adjustments.
"Be still before the LORD and
wait patiently for Him..." -Psalm 37:7

No comments: