Thursday, February 15, 2007

Winter Wonderland


It's a winter wonderland where I live, if you consider snow and ice a winter wonderland! I've been home from work for three days now! Never imagined that! I did bring home some work on Monday evening, but I finished that on Tuesday when I was home, thinking I'd be able to go in the office on Wednesday. Well, the ice storm came and with it being so cold and windy, it's not getting any better.

I'm home again for now today. If the parking lot and roads improve, I may try to go in for a little bit. But all the schools are closed and there are a lot of accidents, so I may not risk it!

I am almost out of milk! LOL I have about a glass-full left and I've been rationing it! I hate being out of milk!

Hopefully, we'll be able to get out tomorrow.

I do have this to say. I don't see many of my neighbors often, just because we have different schedules. But we do see each other more in the winter, when we're out shoveling! I shoveled yesterday, early afternoon, but couldn't get the thick ice off my car. My neighbor rang my doorbell and offered to clean off the ice from my car, since she was already bundled up, and then move my car so our parking spaces could be cleared . I watched from the warm inside while three of my neighbors got the ice off my car! That was so kind! And I was touched by it.
Stay warm and dry if you're in a winter wonderland! And enjoy your favorite hot beverage!

3 comments:

Susie said...

It's sunny and beautiful here, but I love seeing the pictures of the snow!
Hope you're warm and cozy. You can see how the weather was where we live when you visit me next time!!
:)

Emily said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. We had that same snow. It was horrible. My husband was only home from work for one day though. I just spent the weekend in North Carolina. It was beautiful there. I can't wait for spring.

Wendy said...

Beautiful picture! It looked like that here a couple weeks ago and now it is getting better. I'm ready for spring.

Enjoyed reading your blog. :)