Friday, October 10, 2008

2008 Camping Vacation

Mom, Dad, Tommy, and I spent almost a week 'camping' in a modern cabin last week. We spent a lot of time inside because it rained and was chilly. We did have some nice afternoons. I read a book, started another one, finished organizing my recipes (I'll do a separate post on that sometime soon!), played games (Parcheesi, Rack-O, Shanghai) with Mom, and relaxed!

Here's our cabin:


Ben, Wendie, and the boys came to visit. Mom had some crafts for the boys. Here they are making foam crowns.


There were a lot of black walnuts, so I told the boys I'd give them a nickel for every walnut they collected. They ended up with 24. Since I didn't have 48 nickels, they each got 24 dimes! (I keep a bunch of loose change in my car.)


Here are some pictures of the lake. So calm, beautiful, serene, peaceful....





I made Eggs Benedict. Well, Mom poached the eggs because I didn't know how to do that, but now I do! These were yummy!


We made pizza mountain pies over the campfire. These were yummy, too! Mom mixed turkey burger, onions, pepperoni, green peppers, and red peppers, and we added pizza sauce and mozzerella cheese!


Here's Mom making breakfast and Tommy ready for dinner of spare ribs, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes. Yeah, we roughed it. LOL Mom loves to cook, so we are spoiled!

Here's Dad at dinner.

No comments: